I am so far behind on blogging! Kaitlin had her first dance recital on May 19. She had been pretty much dreading it all spring. She loved dance class, but did not like the idea of going on a stage and dancing in front of everyone. As usual, she claimed she was "too shy." The week of the recital she seriously woke up every day and asked what day it was, and was always relieved to hear that it was not Saturday. And then Saturday she was not so happy, but at least Nana and Pop were coming up to watch so that was the carrot I dangled out for her.
That morning, I had to trick her into going up to the high school for dress rehearsal. I told her she wasn't going to dance at all, that she just needed to try on her costume and go stand on the stage and they were just going to test the lights and make sure they were working. She was ok with that, and once we got up there she was fine to get up on stage with all her little friends. The actual show was no drama either, but afterwards I asked her if she had fun and she said "It was fun, but I don't ever want to do it again." Thus ends her dance career for now! We are now back in gymnastics, where she always claimed to want to be but I just had to try her in dance b/c she loves to do it so much at home. Here are some pics:
 |
| The whole gang came to watch (Pop was taking the photo) |
 |
| Bryn wore her ballerina onesie in support of big sis |
 |
| Posing before the big show |
 |
| In action |
 |
| She did great at keeping the smile on her face! |
 |
| With her flowers and trophy after the show |
1 comment:
Oy! Why's it gotta be so hard helping these little people decide what they want to be? Kate's first dance recital was a couple weeks ago and epic drama ensued. You've inspired me to blog about it so I don't forget despite being scarred. Kaitlin looks adorable as always!
Post a Comment