We have been blessed to know Brynny-Bryn for half a year now! These 6 months have gone by much faster than the 6 months she was inside cooking! Here are some of her latest antics:
- Eating cereal and a couple veggies and loving it. She also loves to blow raspberries as soon as she gets a mouthful. Now is when I always start thinking about the next great baby invention - some sort of bubble to place infants in while you feed them to contain the mess. Not my favorite milestone to be sure.
- Now that she is eating solids, I feel no remorse on commencing sleep training. And admittedly I am pretty hard core (some may say unfeeling). But I know she is fine, she just needs to learn to go to sleep on her own, and after the first night when I turned off the monitor, she proceeded to sleep for 10hrs the next night and 12 the next. Since then she has a few off nights, but for the most part is pulling 10-12 hours. Now if those older sisters would get their act together I might know what it's like to get 8 in a row!
- She is rolling around everywhere, occasionally getting up on her knees, but with a booty that size, it doesn't stay up there long. She scoots and rolls and she gets where she needs to go (and into a few places she doesn't). She is sitting up very well now too, and that is usually her preferred position. Kaitlin loves to "protect her" by sitting behind her in case she falls back, but she's really pretty steady these days.
- She may be the biggest momma's girl of the 3. The first 2 were also momma's girls, but Bryn takes it to a new level. If she sees me while someone else is holding her, they either have to leave my prescence or hand her over, as she starts squealing/screaming/moaning and lunging for me. I don't mind. :-)
- Her 6 mo stats:
- 27.25 in (90-95%)
- 19lbs 9oz (95-97%)
- 17.5cm head (90-95%)
- Because of the above noted size, we have already moved her out of the bucket seat into her big carseat (backwards of course). We were having to almost break her arms to get her in and out of that bucket seat.
- Typical additional child - I feel guilty that she never gets to nap in her crib and there are days that she naps for maybe 30min total. We try and stay home to have her sleep at least one time in her crib, but that is hard for us.
- Overall she is a very happy baby. As long as I am holding her, she pretty much just hangs out and watches the circus that surrounds her. We love having her in our family!
Chubby Bunny
Getting a beauty treatment from the sisters
Her first movie at 6 mo - The Lorax!
Claire shared her headband
Such a happy girl
No comments:
Post a Comment