Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bryn's 4 Month Checkup

Can't believe our little baby is already four months!  We had her check up last week (about 2 weeks late b/c I almost forgot.  That's how we roll with the 3rd kid).  Her stats are below:

Weight 17lbs 7oz >97%
Height 26.5in >97%
Head 17cm 95%

For comparison, Claire's stats:
14lbs 15oz - 75%
24.5 - 50%
head was 75%



And Kaitlin's:
16lbs 7oz
27 in


Yikes, I didn't realize til just now that she weighs a full pound more than K did at this age.  She doesn't seem to eat as much as I remember Kaitlin eating, which is strange.  A few things to remember about this age:
  • She has entered that lovely stage where all she does is smile and coo and laugh, it is so much fun.  As the pediatrician said at her check up, "who doesn't love a four month old?"  She really is very sweet and Scott has already forgotten about the colicky first 2 months.  I don't know how he could forget that but actually said the other day "she's so laid back, she really has never cried very much."  And I said "don't you remember walking around from 7-10pm nightly for about 5 weeks there with her screaming bloody murder?"  and he honestly doesn't.  Weird.
  • She isn't the best night sleeper, unless she is in bed with us, which is what I have reverted back to.  I moved her to her crib right around 3mo but she's still getting up 2-3x a night to eat, so she starts out there each night but the first feeding after I go to bed I normally bring her in there with me so I can go right back to sleep.  I'm not messing around this time.  There is never any time to catch up on missed sleep.  Literally, never.  Take heed those with #3 on the way, and get all you can now.
  • She would probably be the easiest baby in the world if she would just take a pacifier.  She is teething big time,but also loves to suck a lot, and I just know she would like it if she would give it a chance.  Also still no-go on the bottle.  The days that Johanna is here she eats nothing.  Johanna says she has taken 3 oz over the course of the day, but I wonder how much of that has ended up in her belly rather than all over her face as she's writhing around like we're torturing her.  Stubborn girl.
  • She loves to watch her sisters, and Claire is finally warming up to her.  She was very passive aggressive with her at first, but now is always looking for her when she's not around and first to run over when she cries.
  • She finally likes to be held like a normal baby and we don't have to scrunch her legs into her tummy and face her out anymore.  In fact she hates that most of the time now.  We tried to take her off reflux meds but her cough and fussiness during feeding came back so we're back on for now.
  • Still bald with a reddish tint to the hair she does have.  Her eyes appear to want to stay blue (Claire's were already turning brown at this point).
  • She seems to nap best when we're out and and about, I think it's too quiet at the house, especially when sisters are at preschool.  Good thing we're done for summer so that's about to change!
Here are some pics.  Of course I have none taken on her actual 4mo bday.  And none of just her.

Sweet sissys

Kaitlin is so funny

I think these 2 definitely look the most alike.

The only place fit for the princess to sleep

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the pix, especially all the sisters together. Can't wait to meet Bryn and see you all this week!!

KC said...

That one does make them look most alike! Super cute! Love the post. Still is cracking me up that Joe was the biggest by a pound or so of a our kids at 4 mos - funny to me! I didn't even think he was that big. Lol.

And cracks me up about Scott forgetting the colic!

Summer said...

And I forgot, she wanted me to call Jack out on here and bust him that she got rid of the swaddle around 2 months, or 10 mo before he did. ;-) She actually never was a fan.

KC said...

Lol @ swaddle.