Sunday, April 15, 2012
Reading
Just want to document how well Kaitlin is doing on her reading. She had been very good with her sight words since last fall, but never really showed much interest in branching out and attempting to read until about the past month or so. Before that she would "read" to us in that she has an elephant's memory and probably has about 75% of the books we own memorized. That always worried me though b/c I thought she would never really get the chance to truly read b/c she would just memorize, but I guess that worry, like most others, was for not. She has really blossomed and can read several of the easy reader books with minimal assistance. Tonight she read me the almost 30 page "Go Away Dog" book, and I only had to help her with "maybe"! She works hard at sounding out words she doesn't know and is really excited about being able to read signs everywhere now. As an avid reader myself, I am so excited for this world to open up to her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay - I can't wait for this for Ben - I know he will love it! Go Kaitlin - that's neat!!!
This is so exciting! I have the same worry about the memorizing. Thanks for giving me hope. Go Kaitlin!
Post a Comment