Monday, July 18, 2011

Swim Lessons

We started swim lessons for Claire today. As predicted, it was a roaring disaster. Cried the whole time. Could be that they started out making them go under. I don't know who's brilliant plan that is, but it was a mood killer both when K did it 2 years ago and again now with CB. Literally screaming crying the whole time and several times I had to forcibly put her back in the pool. Yay! But it's nice that I have a little fish on my hands now with K so I can remind myself "this too shall pass" and it's worth it in the end. But the saddest part of all of it was the fact that when I got home from work tonight (her lessons were first thing in the morning) that she kept saying, over and over "I no go under anymore" and then would burst into tears. 10 hours later she's ranting on this. Can't wait for tomorrow! I kept trying to say "Yes Claire, you'll go under just like sissy and it will be fun!" and she goes very seriously "No, I just go float, I no go under." Sweet girl.

This is a random aside, but always meant to post this from our trip to Houston but never did. The girls sleep in the same room down there, Claire in the crib and K in the bed. They've done it once before, but that time I put C down first and waited for her to fall asleep before I took K in there and put her to bed, which I didn't do this time. Those girls sat in there and talked and talked and played games forever, we are really going to have trouble on our hands when they start sharing a room. The best part was when they came downstairs (twice) just as nonchalant as can be and Claire goes "Sissy got my out." When I asked for further details I was told again "Sissy got my out of the crib," at which point K defended herself and said "I just pulled her out and she fell on top of me and we were laughing." Would've LOVED to have seen that!!! And I love how CB has no idea the proper use of me, my and mine. She has already moved on from "Mommy hold you" and says "Hold me mommy." She'll be two a week from today! Big girl!

4 comments:

Amanda Bonds said...

Lol!!!! Love the last story about the room-sharing! But the first one just made me saaaaad :-(.

Scott said...

The first thing she told me when I walked in the door from work yesterday was "I go under. No like go under!?

KC said...

Oh how sad, sweet Claire Bear.

Loved the room sharing story.

Oh random - but Ben keeps talking about you guys a lot lately. Like yesterday he was riding his "bike" (which was a box on top of the toy box that he was sitting on) to your house to see Ms. Summer, Scott, Kaitlin and Claire Bear. Claire is always Claire Bear. LOL

Scott said...

We need to have an impromptu swim party again, so the kids can play.