We had a low-key swim party with family and friends on Saturday July 23 to celebrate Claire's 2nd birthday. She had a good time and did not disappoint when it came time for the singing - Christine and I wondered if she would cry when sung to (like both Ben and Kaitlin) and while she didn't break into tears, she did panic and climb up me like a cat. I'm still not sure if it was the candle or the singing or combination of both that freaked her out so much. We sang it to her many more times that day and then again on her actual birthday and she was fine, I think it's just the realization of everyone looking at you that freaks the 2yo's out. Here are some pics from the party:

"helping" make her cake

2 comments:
Happy birthday, sweet Claire Bear!
Kate has that exact tricycle and Dora helmet. Looks like we have the beginning of a bike gang!
Post a Comment