Monday, October 18, 2010

Rub it in!

Jamie posted some new recipes a few weeks ago and we decided to try one last night. Pepper Crusted Flank Steak was amazing and as I think I've discussed on here before, I'm not a huge steak fan. But this was really, really good. The girls agreed, they both inhaled it. Literally as fast as I was putting it on the tray for Claire, she was shoving it in her pie-hole. And Miss K. Oh, Miss-I-Never-Eat-Dinner-Unless-It's-Mac-and-Cheese-or-a-quesadilla. I'm not kidding, she probably hasn't eaten anything besides fruit for dinner for the past 3 weeks (if she doesn't eat what I make, she doesn't eat, we run a tight ship around here). She sat there and ate 4 full strips of beef! I think it was actually more than I got since I was otherwise occupied making sure CB had her fill. But that wasn't the best part. What just really warmed my heart was how she went on, and on and ON about how Daddy cooked the best dinner EVER! "Daddy, you are SUCH a good cook!!" "Daddy, thank you for making us this great steak!" "Daddy, you made us the best dinner!" He cooks one meal in months and suddenly he's the hero!! Must be nice to be appreciated! ;-)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love seeing father daughter love! And thank you for sharing and making me feel better about my toddler's diet :) Maybe we oughta give the steak a whirl at our house.

Abbey said...

Note to self - must try the steak. Loved your comment on my blog and think it is so neat to have them growing together if not in the same place. I so hope they do get together sometime, maybe when we get to visit Jamie one of these days? Here's hoping!