Turkey is the affectionate name we use for the girls when they are displaying less than desirable behaviors. Turkey No 1:

We went swimming last night and TN1 was doing this new thing where she screams before every time she jumps in. Not only is it annoying since she is jumping in about every 30 seconds, it also doesn't seem safe for her to be breathing out all her air before she goes underwater for her to swim out to me. So I told her last night after about the 5th one, "If you scream one more time, we are all done swimming." Worked like a charm, until when I gave her her warning that this was her last jump, at which point she screamed as loud as she could before entering the water. I asked her why and she said "you said it was my last jump." Going to have to watch this one come teenage years, I have a feeling we will be dealing with a lot of technicalities.
Turkey No. 2:


TN2 is an applesauce bandit. After this post, you would think she wasn't a fan, but you would be wrong. Now, whenever we open the pantry door she sprints for the shelf where her applesauce lives and picks it up and bites right into the foil cap and starts sucking it out. And don't even THINK about taking it away from her. Maybe I didn't recognize it with K because she was my first, but little CB is already throwing a mean temper tantrum when she doesn't get her way. I guess all these months of K snatching things away from her has taken its toll. I think we're going to have our hands full these next 12 or so months with this one.
A couple of turkeys these two!
5 comments:
LOL!!! The photos are soooo true of them both-little rascals they are! 12 months or so?? More like a lifetime...!!!
Haha! Super cute turkeys though. :-)
Oh my gosh, hilarious about the applesauce!! Tantrums, yes those have become a part of my daily life. Fun.
Ha! Love the expression on turkey #1. We call that a Miss Tude face. Where do they come up with it?
And turkey #2 sounds just like E with her food demands...even the applesauce, which is one of the only fruits E eats.
Post a Comment