While we were there, she asked me "Mommy, do you want another baby?" And I said "Someday maybe if God gives us another one." To which she responded, in a very direct, this is how we will do it manner, as though I had asked how to have another baby "Ok, then we'll just take Claire and put her back in your tummy and then you will have another baby." I said "Oh no baby, it doesn't work that way, Claire is going to stay out here with you and you will both wait to meet the new baby." And she didn't like that at all, responding with "Ok, then I will put Claire in MY tummy and we will have a new baby." What in the world?!? Where is this stuff coming from, and why is she so obsessed with having another baby? This was the second time today she had asked me if I wanted a "new" baby. Poor thing must be feeling insecure or something. She also told me before we had our "new" baby, I would have to wear a big dress and Daddy and I would get married. Guess she doesn't know that already happened. They must've talked about this at school or something, because this is really random.
4 comments:
I am cracking up! Kaitlin is only 2 1/2!!! Looking forward to following her journey through this "new" baby idea....
That's funny.
Now is the time for Scott to plant the seeds of future daughter behavior: "To have a baby, you have to get married first. To get married, you have to meet a boy. You can meet a boy once you turn 30, pending Dad's approval."
What a weirdo! I'm with Wade though - at least she has it in her head that you have to get married before you have a baby!
Maybe it is a sign!?!
Post a Comment