Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy 4 Month Birthday!


Sweet Claire-bear I can't believe you are 4 months already! We had your well-child appointment today (even though you are sick with your first cold :( ) and Dr. Meyer mentioned that we could start using the exersaucer and bumbo chair - I can't believe it's already time for that! You continue to be a sweet girl, but you do have a temper when you want to. Try to feed you when you're not hungry - forget it! This may have more to do with your reflux than temper, but you really are not a big eater at all. You prefer to look around and talk, typical girl I suppose. You still LOVE your big sis, although you suffered your first punch to the stomach from her last month, which made you a bit more wary of 'the ogre' as we affectionately call her. But she is guaranteed to make you laugh, even if she's not trying to. You just find her hilarious.

Still not even close to sleeping through the night, and I plan on shutting down the all-night buffet after you get over this little cold. But thankfully your night feedings are just that - eating and right back to sleep, no fuss, no muss. You've fallen into a nice little nap schedule, even with our crazy running around, and if we are out past your bedtime (6:30pm) you have no problem saying "peace out" in your carseat. You rolled over for the first time when we were in Houston for Thanksgiving, so right at the 4 month mark. Since that first one you have been a roly poly bear, even though when you end up on your belly you are NOT HAPPY. But you keep rolling over within minutes of putting you down, so you have no one to blame but yourself!

Here are your 4 month stats:
14lbs 15oz - 75%
24.5 - 50%
head was 75%

Further proof that the steroids taken during the 7th month of K's pregnancy has made her a giant since you are a much more petite little thing. Let's not tell her that though.

We truly are so thankful to have you in our lives, it feels like we were never without you! We can't wait to see what a fun little girl you will turn into in these next few months, when your personality really starts to bloom!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy 4 months Claire! Can't believe how fast you are growing!

Manos Flacas said...

That's hilarious about the steroids and KRK the giant.

BTW, my son is looking over my shoulder and exclaimed, "I just saw Kaitlin!" They amaze me with their memories.

Jamie said...

Love her!

Amanda Bonds said...

I LOVE CLAIRE!!! Happy birthday, baby girl!

Amanda Bonds said...

Any chance I could request an updated picture of Claire's ankle roll? I was just reviewing this one, and it seems to me like it has grown SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than that. I just think we should keep documenting it because it's pretty extraordinary. I've never seen anything quite like it, to be honest.