Friday, May 8, 2009
"Too Much Fun!!"
This afternoon after her nap K and I were playing in the backyard. Since it's already 5,000 degrees and not even June, preggo Momma decided to stick her feet in the pool to cool off a bit. I daresay that was a HUGE mistake. She's always had a pretty healthy sense of respect for the pool, staying pretty far from the edges and really only reaching in when she's trying to get the coveted duck. I guess I threw all that out the window with my little trick today, as she climbed right up next to me and stuck her toes in. At first she was a bit tentative, looking at me and saying "Piggies in the pool momma?" I said "Yes, I've got my piggies in the pool, I'm hot." She then proceeded to thrust both feet into the water and start splashing madly. Let me just tell you, she thought it was HILARIOUS. We sat out there for about 30 minutes and ended up with her soaking wet and looking like a drowned rat. (Our home computer is still packed up, so that's why there aren't any pics and prob won't be for a while). During this escapade, she insisted on Mommy splashing her feet too, and whenever I would do it she would yell "TOO MUCH FUN!!" I have no idea where she learned that, it kind of sounds like a Nannie thing to say so that's probably where. And then she told me several times "I happy Momma!" and even did the sign for it too to drive home her point. So while I am fearful that I started something that won't be easily stopped (she had no less than 3 tantrums tonight trying to get us to go back out there), I think it was worth it for those 30 minutes and her telling me how happy she was. It was a great afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so sweet! I just about teared up! I am anxiously awaiting my own memories like that one!
That sounds great. This age really is the best. Everything is just too much fun
That is just so wonderful...I think my heart would melt if Kate told me she was happy. I see it in her face all the time but to be able to hear your child say that must have been so great! She's a sweetie. I can't wait to see her soon.
Best. story. ever.
Post a Comment