Thursday, September 20, 2007
First real bath
Notice the trend of firsts here! Last night Kaitlin got her first real submerged bath in her fun little tub. We had been giving her sponge baths up until her appointment on Tuesday just because I was scared of her belly button. Side note - there's a phrase I never thought I'd use. I guess life is pretty good if one of your top fears is your daughter's belly button. Dr. Meyer said it looked good though, so she was ready to move on up to the next stage in bathing. But I digress. I went to get the tub ready while Scott was removing her diaper and cleaning her up so she didn't have any poop in her first bath. Apparently I should've told him to stand by for a while because it took me about 5 minutes to attach the base on the tub and get it all ready, during which time Scott came into the bathroom holding a naked Kaitlin who proceeded to pee all over him! What was funny was that she was crying (because she was naked - she's very modest) and she stopped mid-wail to empty her bladder on him. He still hasn't reached my status though, as she sharted on me during the pictures on Sunday. Which, by the way, he freaked out about. I had to tell him "Honey, this is the first of many bodily fluids I will have spewn on me over the next few years." Anyway, back to the bath, as soon as she was laid in that warm water she immediately stopped crying and got a look of "Waaaaaiiit a second, this isn't so bad!" She loved every minute of it! She couldn't stay in there forever though, so the whole episode ended poorly with her screaming again as she was removed from her new favorite spot. But it's good to know that she enjoys it, so we will try to streamline the process next time and make the before and after portions as short as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All of these stories are great! I am very TO'd at myself for getting behind on the blogs this past week...I could have been making snarky comments at Scott all weekend about his daughter peeing on him.
Post a Comment