Saturday, February 18, 2012
Sweetness
Claire, Bryn and I were flying solo tonight while Scott and Kaitlin went to her first Indian Princesses Father/Daughter dance. I was nursing Bryn and Claire was entertaining herself with the iPad, looking through the pictures we have on there. She always seems to pick the album "Bryn's Birthday Weekend" and was over at the kitchen table narrating the pics to me. "Who's this holding Bryn?" - a pic of the Dr holding Bryn up right after she was born. "Where you going Mommy?" - a pic of me walking the hall like we did 5,000 times that night. And then she got really quiet, and I looked over and she was quietly crying and she goes "Mommy, can you hold me?" and I said "Sure baby, soon as I'm done here" and she sat over there and just sad as she could be and when I went and looked she was looking at a pic of me in the bed with my eyes closed during a contraction - not the most flattering pic and to her I'm sure it was very scary. I said "oh baby, Mommy's alright, that is just a silly picture" and she said "Mommy, no close eyes and lay there, Mommy get up. Don't be sick Mommy, no!" Sweet girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Claire talks a big game, but when push comes to shove -- she's a big softie at heart. Love that girl!
She is such a sweetheart!! I can't believe how intuitive she is all of the time. Love that angel
tears...
I get very little of that sensitivity around my 3 boy man cave, but, I still see glimpes and hold on to them knowing it will be gone very soon. :)
Post a Comment