Thursday, June 9, 2011

Exciting development

Claire basically decided to potty train herself last week and after about 4 days I consider her done! Woohoo! This is obviously only #1, she has no clue on #2, but still a big step! Memorial Day weekend she kept asking to go so I obliged finally, but then stopped taking her during that following week. This last weekend we got more serious and today she was accident free! It's funny how different it is with her than it was with K. This was completely Claire's idea, so much so that she basically guilted me into it b/c she's been asking for months but I pretty much wouldn't let her. I just had terrible flashbacks of how hard it was with K - the constant battles about not wanting to go, not really being able to leave the house for fear of having to go in public restrooms, etc, so when she would ask I would just ignore it, or (this is terrible) sit her up on the potty but not take off her clothes so she was just peeing in her diaper on the potty. I know, terrible. But I guess b/c she did it so early she's before that terrible "no to everything" phase and still is very eager to please, so either she suggests it herself b/c she thinks it's fun, or when I suggest it she goes running off "NEED TO GO POTTY!" with such enthusiasm it's comical. Big girl bed and half way potty trained before 2 - these second kids grow up way too fast!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay Claire!! That's awesome. I will not get my hopes up that training a second born boy is so easy!

KC said...

That's so exciting! I agree - getting them before the No stage and while they are still eager to please is key. That's what ended up happening with Ben and we got many, many cute proclamations from him - "I'm SOOO Happy". Anyway, great job Claire!!!!

Liz said...

sooo jealous, I can't even tell you..