Monday, March 7, 2011

"Wha happen?"

Thirty seconds. That's all it takes. Thirty seconds I leave this girl alone and come around the corner to find this. I actually found her sitting on that second shelf but got her down before I went and got the camera. Notice her pose in the first pic. That is exactly what she said too - "wha happen?" I DON'T KNOW CLAIRE, WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME?!?!? Turkey. All that stuff resided in the closet, with the games on what I thought was a safe shelf. I especially like how she uses my attempt at organization (the boxes on the bottom to hold their art supplies) to reach her loot. And it really was like thirty seconds. I don't understand why she does this b/c she does it SO fast that she can't possibly enjoy it. Her main purpose is to impose as much destruction in as short a time as possible. This is what she does when she's done with her meals as well. There is almost no warning before she just starts wildly flinging food and utensils. And then I get her down and tell her "Time out!" and she dutifully walks over there and sticks her nose in the corner. This one is a handful to say the least. Good thing she's so freaking cute.



7 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Lordy. Somehow I think it gets worse when there are two co-conspirators...
You are right. It's a good thing she's so freaking cute!!

Cindi said...

Scott Keith the 2nd is all I can say. Just not as fast of a climber!!!

Summer said...

Oh no Jules, don't be mistaken. If K had any idea that was going on she would have come running and tattling in no time. She was with me and horrified to find what Claire had done. She was all about a time out for Claire, even suggested a spanking. She always tells me "You're the big mommy, I'm the little mommy so I can put Claire in time out." Not quite the way it works honey.

Amanda Bonds said...

Hahaha, love her! And her baby cousin LOVES her too. He just stares at her as she flies around destroying things. Here is a conversation I foresee in the future:

Jack: "Claire, I'm not sure about this...I think we might get in trouble."

Claire: "Are you coming or not, Jack?!"

Jack : "Well, ok..."

Cindi said...

why do you girls keep talking about my sweet angel grandbabies like that!!!

Nana said...

It sounds like Claire has it all figured out - weighs the punishment vs the fun & chooses the fun knowing punishment is no big deal! She is one smart little girl!

Jim said...

Your post title instantly made me think of this movie and start laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D421N6xlisg

It's a movie called "A Mighty Wind" made by Christopher Guest and it's hilarious. His best movie is still "Best In Show", which is also hilarious. You must check them out.