Tuesday, September 14, 2010
From the mouths of babes
Yesterday we were out for a short walk and found a dead worm dried up on the sidewalk. Kaitlin was very concerned about him, asking what was wrong. I explained that he had died trying to cross the sidewalk when it was too hot. We haven't really talked much about death, just when her fish died about 6 months ago so I thought this would be a good, easy example, with little chance of emotional trauma. She then goes "Oh, he went to be with Jesus?" I said "Yes, like Frankie." But then she went on to say "When he got there, Jesus said "Peace" and gave him a new body and he was as good as new! And then he gets to crawl around wherever he wants, with Jesus!" I wish we all could look at death with the optimism of a child's heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW!! That little Sunday school class she goes to is some kind of mini-seminary. Her godmother is very pleased :).
That is wonderful!
I love the way the minds of children work. If only adults could be so convinced of what happens without having to ask a bunch of questions!!
THAT WAS SO PRECIOUS! What a good Mom you are! The answer she gave shows you what you have taught her. I love little moments like that, thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment