Kaitlin Rose -
As your very special 1st birthday comes to a close, I wanted to tell you how much fun I had skipping out on work and spending the afternoon today with you and mommy. Going to the Tubes was a blast and I can't get over how you seem to get more and more brave with each passing day. Today, you ran head-long into the padded stairs leading up to the tube and never even thought about slowing down. Then you were just as eager to head back down the steps, even if it meant falling down a few times -- I pray you will continue to attack life with such a mindset.
I also enjoyed sharing a few meatballs from my Firehouse sub sandwich during our dinner -- even if it was at 4pm!!! I didn't even mind ordering a scoop of birthday cake (vs. my traditional coffee flavored) ice-cream from the Marble Slab. It was fun to share a few bites with you and watch how excited you got after tasting it. Coming home and taking you "side-side" (this is how she says "outside") for a walk around the block and then in the back-yard to play with your outside toys was a hoot. Closing out the day with a few minutes of swinging in the front yard on your new tree-swing you got for your birthday was the cherry on top of the sundae. It was a special treat to be able to spend your birthday afternoon with you.
Your daddy loves you very much.
2 comments:
What a wonderful day for you guys! I love reading your blog - gives me so much to look forward to. The 3 of you need to come play "side side" with us!
I am waiting for the day when Kaitlin can write her name so I can get her to officially endorse my petition to make August 25th a national holiday.
Post a Comment