Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sick Baby :-(

Kaitlin has her first official bug. I feel lucky that we made it until almost a year, especially considering she went to daycare for 6 weeks and didn't get sick there. She has a virus which is causing her to have a red, inflamed throat. We discovered it because she was refusing her bottle, which she hasn't done since back when she wouldn't take a bottle at all in the beginning. She's only had about 6 oz of formula each day for the past 3 days, and today she's had maybe 2 oz (she normally had 16-20oz). I took her to the pediatrician and she said her throat was very red and irritated, and it's a virus that she's seen going around alot in the past 6 weeks. The only treatment is Tylenol and time, so poor baby has to wait it out. She's been doing ok considering, she's just a little bit cranky and has been waking at night, I'm sure because she's hungry. But then once I start to give her the bottle, she won't eat, so we just rock for a while and then she goes back to sleep. We've started to give her more solid food and trying to make her drink more water since she's not getting very much milk. Hopefully she gets to feeling better soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Poor little Princess!! Give her a BIG get well hug from her Nana & Pop & tell her she's got to get better for her 1st birthday party in just a few weeks!! We love you little one...

Jim said...

Poor little gal. I hope she feels better soon.

Meredith said...

Caden had something similar a couple weeks ago. His came with a fever too... I hope she gets to feeling better soon!!